Wednesday, February 25, 2009

...Then what the fuck am I taking this for?

I've been seeing a lot of drug commercials lately, and holy shit. Here's what I hate/laugh at about drug commercials. Not the commercials itself. Not the silly names. Not the stupid looking family looking all happy while Bob can now get a boner. No. What gets me...are the side effects. After watching many commercials, I've divided the side effects of drugs into three categories:

Side Effects that will affect you if you're a living human being
- The sort of commercials that go "Don't take if you're pregnant, smoking, male, female, alive, or drinking". Like Christ, let me get out my checklist. If I miss one, I'M A DEAD MAN.

Drugs that will invalidate the very thing it's supposed to do
- This one might make me laugh most. Like, get this. I'm watching this commercial for asthma inhalers. The very purpose of it is to control asthma...and what do I hear? "Warning! May increase the risk of asthma attacks!".......
............
THEN WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT? IT'S LIKE POUNDING YOUR HEAD INTO A DESK FOR A HEADACHE. Thanks useless medicine that made things worse.

Medicine with a risk of DEATH
- Why does half the drugs out there kill you? Literally, half the commercials are saying "This drug might increase risk of heart attack, and in some cases, death".
Like...you're making the disease you're supposed to treat better than the damn drug. I want to have pain relief, but not such where you kill me for it. Shit.

And that is my filler post until our next big project...which we're working on. Well I'm working on. All I'm getting from Nate is "Yeah" "Bwaahaha" and "SHUT UP I NEED TO FLIP MY BOSTON RECORD OVER". So, we'll see.

Until then, see ya. Bitch(es).

No comments: